babies

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hearing God's voice, and knowing that it's Him

Sometimes I have to think about something awhile before I can put into words what I really want to say.  There have been 2 distinct times in my adult life when I've heard satan try to get me to ask him for something that God could very easily give.

The first time was a little over 7 years ago.  I went camping with my best friend and her family.  The motor home that they were driving up to Mackinaw kept over-heating and we had to keep stopping at rest areas.  It made for a VERY long trip.  We were at a rest area about an hour from our destination and I heard a voice say to me "if you just ask, I can get you there." 

John 10:27-29 in the KJV Bible says "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

I am thankful that I am a sheep, I do know the voice of God, and I knew that was not Him speaking to me.  The devil is always trying to get God's sheep to bow their knee to him.  Would he have been able to get us up north?  Probably, but I decided right then and there that I would rather stay right there at that rest stop all weekend than ask a liar and deciever for anything!  After that, we made it north and I don't think we had to stop again.

The second time I heard satan try to get me to ask him for something was a few weeks ago.  I actually heard it a few times, on a few different days.  It kept saying, "if you ask me, I could give you a baby."  I decided that if God couldn't give us a child then I didn't want kids.  Little did I know that the blessing was already on it's way, as tomorrow I will be 8 weeks pregnant.

Sometimes when you've been waiting for something for a long time it may seem tempting to give up and give in.  DON'T DO IT!!!  IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!  All he needs is an inch and he'll take a mile.  What would you give in exchange for an eternity in Hell?  What is worth it?  I wonder how many people believe those lies?  Take the bait? Sell out?  It's sad really, that at times people will put more trust in the devil then they will put in God.  God is faithful, he answers prayer, but it's not always in the way or timing that we expect.  But, He is sovergn and as Christians His Word must be the final authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment